My official website is a dead zombie duck wandering the internet wasteland looking for brains and finding none, especially on facebook. This blog was started as a random drawing/story project about proto feminist zombies...er yeh seemed like a good idea at the time. Now it is just a blog about my art in general with the occasional feminist zombie thrown in

Monday 25 November 2013

Well, It's been a long time since I last made a post on here. It's been a bit of a crappy year and I've not really been drawing too much. I'm hoping to get a lovely digital camera for Christmas which will help me document and upload some of my bigger paintings. So I will be putting some of them up and hopefully getting my painting mojo back and doing some large scale canvas paintings again. (I've started one so far and another 3 are halfway done)

In the meantime I may dust of the old brush pen and do a picture tomorrow and upload it, wonders will never cease.

I've just got back from 3 days of alcohol intoxication at All Tomorrows Parties festival and feel mentally and physically drained but very happy. Saw lots of great bands and got to be with some old friends. While drunk and lying on the floor I wrote a bad poem on my mobile:

We are building houses of venom,
my hands are cut,
but they spill no blood.

I coil them gently around your neck,
and
squeeze.

Above is the zenith,
not far above.

We can accomplish any goal,
kill ourselves,
quick or slow.

Preprogrammed virtual destinations,
to travel without moving,
and arrive screaming,

Covered in guilt.

         Soaked in blood.

Just follow the yellow line and go,
everywhere,
nowhere.

These are our forests,
turned to wood.

When all the horizons point to zero,
a no real destination.

All beginnings just mark an end,
you,
   
      have,

              arrived.




No comments: